Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!!!!!!!!


I Love the Fourth of July!  I have my whole life.  I love everything about it,the red, white, and blue decorations.  The fireworks.  The parades, the picnics, the family time. I also love the fact that everyone around the country is celebrating the same thing at the same time.


Here's a picture from a few years ago of the fireworks we watched from our favorite spot. We didn't go there in 2010 because that was the year I was in the hospital with my middle son as he courageously battled cancer.  A battle that thank God he won.  Last year we were away staying in a beautiful little cabin in the woods for the week of the fourth.  It was my sons make a wish vacation.
It was our second time vacationing at this cabin.  The place is called Sheltered Lakes.  It's the most beautiful and peaceful place I have ever been to.  I would definately like to go back someday.  This year however we are home.  We will go to the same parade  that we have gone to in years past and go to our favorite place to see fireworks  But something will be very different.  My mom won't be there.  This is going to be our first fourth without her.  Like all of the firsts I have experienced this year it will be painful.  My mom like me loved the fourth.  We would sit next to each other at the parade and chit chat and gossip and laugh.  I will miss her so much today.  But I will think about the things that I do have.  My 81 year old dad who is healthy and strong and will be sitting next to me at the parade.  My three boys who are healthy, wonderful, loving boys who will also be sitting next to me.  So enjoy your family, watch a parade, see some fireworks, and listen to some music(it's mandatory to listeen to some Springsteen and Tom Petty in my house on the fourth!)and feel blessed for all you have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment