Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Missing

I'm feeling a little blue today.  I always miss my mom but sometimes it hits me like a brick wall and stops me in my tracks.  It happened to me today at work.  A friend of mine (a dear woman who is about the age of my mom) was telling me about her sister who is sick in the hospital.  She has been very ill for over a year and last week she fell and broke her hip.  It's all very sad.  She was telling me how her sister said she was tired and felt like it was time for her to go.  My friend said she loves her sister very much but she doesn't want her to suffer anymore and if she was ready to go she wanted her to go in peace.  I sat there and cried for what she was going through and for how it made me remember the last days of my mom.  My mom made the same statement to me just days before she passed.  She said honey I can't do this anymore I just want to die.  I will never ever forget my mom saying that to me.  It was the saddest hardest day of my life.  About an hour ago I started looking at pictures of happy times to try to cheer up.  I wanted to remember good things.  Then I thought I would share them with you.
  My sweet dog Charlie.  He always makes me happy.

 I love it when he smiles at me.

My sweet kitty Zelda.

Most importantly my wonderful boys and my amazing dad (my oldest son wasn't with us at the time but he is equally wonderful).  Look at these guys I am truly blessed.  I know your watching over us mom I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment