Monday, August 12, 2013

Returning

In two weeks I will be going back to work after being home for eight weeks.  I haven't been on vacation I have been recovering.  I had surgery  at the end of June and have been unable to work.  I haven't been able to do much, I had lifting and walking and even driving restrictions.  So it definitely was not a vacation.  I couldn't even go swimming!  But there was a lot that I could do.  I could sleep as much and whenever I wanted to.  I could sit back and allow other people to vacuum, and do the laundry, and do the dishes.  Being a single mom of three boys it's very rare if ever that happens!  I could read an entire magazine straight through.  I could snuggle into a nest on my couch and get lost in a favorite book for hours.  I could watch hours and hours of mindless ridiculous t.v. (o.k. I'm a little sick of t.v. for awhile).  I could crochet A LOT!!  I started many many projects and even finished quite a few.  I had yarn everywhere I sat and I left it sitting around for days.  It felt good during my first two weeks of recovery when I barely moved from the couch to be surrounded by my yarn.  I would crochet for awhile, sit it down and take a little nap then crochet some more when I woke up.  But one of the best things that I was able to do was be home all day, everyday with my boys.  Since it was summer no one had school and I was able to spend a lot of time with them.  They took good  care of me.  My youngest had my bed all made up for me on the couch when I came home from the hospital and surrounded me with my favorite things.  My middle son cooked for me everyday.  We are both vegans so he knew what my favorite things were to make.  My oldest son stayed with me in the hospital while I was having surgery and brought me home the next day.  He also ran errands for me once I was home.  All three went grocery shopping.  There is no way that I could have recovered from this as well as I did without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment