Sunday, August 25, 2013

Going Back To Work

It's Sunday night and I am feeling very blech!  The reason for the mood is because I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I have been out for eight weeks on a medical disability leave.  I definitely feel better than I did a couple of weeks ago, but I really don't think I'm ready to go back to doing what I have to do at work.  I work in retail and I'm on my feet all day and I do a lot of bending and lifting and pushing and pulling.  Today I did quite a lot of housework, laundry, cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming and I feel sore tonight.  I'm really scared that I'm going to hurt myself by working.  I mean I know I have to go back because I need the money.  I'm broke!!  I can't lose this job.  It would be very hard to find a full time job to replace it.  But I don't want to do any damage to myself.  I worked on my crochet a lot while I was recovering.  It would be great if I could support myself by working part time and selling my crochet pieces.  That is my ultimate goal.  I am going to set up a store on etsy and try to sell at some craft shows.  That's proving to be a little difficult because all of the shows seem to always fall on my weekend to work.
 
 My latest project that I have been working on is a really pretty pair of fingerless gloves.


         

The yarn I used is this beautiful soft cashmino yarn.  I have actually owned it for over a year but I couldn't decide on a project that was worthy of this gorgeous yarn!  I'm not kidding I actually started two different projects with this yarn, a hat and an infinity scarf, and I ripped them both out because I thought it was a waste of such nice yarn.  Then a couple of days ago I got this awesome book out of the library and I fell in love with these!  I knew right away that I had found the right project for my precious yarn!


                         

I'm so happy with the way they came out.  I'm definitely going to make them in a few other colors.  There's some other interesting projects in this book that I'm going to have to try.  I could be delightfully happy just spending my days crocheting and crafting.  It is truly my hearts desire!!!!                

No comments:

Post a Comment