Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Owls! Owls! Owls!


 As the title implies I want to share something about owls.  I LOVE them!!!!  I always have ever since I was little.  They are so beautiful with their gorgeous expressive eyes.  I started collecting all things owls when I was about nine years old.  Like anything that you like and collect once you let people know you will get that item in every shape, form and creation imaginable.  Which by the way is fine by me.  I have received owl knickknacks, stuffed animals, candles, windchimes, christmas ornaments, jewelry, and even a lamp.  I love each and every one of them.  I have also gathered a few at garage sales.  I thought you might enjoy a glimpse at some of my collection so I gathered them from around my house and took a picture for you.








The two tiny ones in the front started my collection.  They were given to me on my birthday by my mom.  Over the years as my collection has grown they have remained my favorite ones.  Even more so now.  I think of her every time I look at them.  She also gave me the stuffed owl to the right one year for Christmas.  The brown salt and pepper shakers in the front were hers.  She kindly gave them to me when I got my first house.  She was a wonderful mom.  I have so many wonderful memories.  

These two bright blue beauties are one of my garage sale finds.  They are candle holders!  Aren't they adorable.  Maybe you have to be a true owl lover to truly appreciate them.  Well I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into one of my favorite collections.  I would love for you to share your collections with me!!!!
Until next time OWL be seeing you!!  I know corny but I couldn't resist!





No comments:

Post a Comment