Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hi!
Welcome to my second post!  As I said in my first post I have been wanting to start a blog for quite some time.  I have started it finally at a time when I am going through a very difficult time in my life.  I lost my mom recently.  She passed away on December 13th.  She had cancer for about ten years but never let it stop her from being an amazing mom and a wonderful grandmother.  She was my best friend.  We live across the road from each other and saw each other every day.  We also spoke on the phone at least twice a day.  My dad could never believe that we could have so much to say to each other.  We could talk for an hour about the birds we saw in our back yard! Just yesterday I went to the phone and picked it up to tell her something when it hit me all over again that she is no longer right across the road.  My dad is still there and now I call him every day and rattle on about things he probably has no interest in, but he patiently listens because he is a great dad and he misses her too.  My parents were married for 54 years and still loved each other very much.  So writing this blog is comforting for me right now.  It gives me something to look forward to at the end of a long hard day.  It's like coming home picking up the phone and telling my mom all about my day.  So thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment